The two types of pumps that are commonly used on vacuum truck units are vane pumps and liquid ring pumps. Medium to light industrial waste trucks feature liquid ring pumps. These pumps are ideal for suctioning heavy sludge. Vane pumps, on the other hand, are used for the suction of moderate viscosity liquids. Each pump has its own advantages. Choose one based on the type of waste you have to pump and transport.
Advantages of Using a Vacuum Pump
- You can use a vacuum pump to safely suction and transport mine camp waste.
- The trucks have spill prevention and odour control capabilities. This makes it easier and safer to transport materials like bio solids.
- Vacuum trucks safely transport hazardous waste materials. They protect the environment and prevent people from coming into contact with toxic waste.
- They can quickly and efficiently remove waste from clogged drainage systems and catch basins. They save time by getting the task done faster.
- Some trucks feature tipping tanks, rear doors and power jets. These complex builds are ideal for use in a wide variety of applications.
Should you Self Build your Truck?
While it may be very tempting to self-build, there are a few disadvantages attached to this. Firstly, you may not have the necessary skill and expertise to design an ideal driveline for your vacuuming unit. Secondly, you'll be spending a considerable amount of time to get the job done. Because of this, you’ll have to factor in the cost of labour. You might not even have access to special tools and equipment required for a self-built project.
Vacuum truck manufacturers have unique design variations to offer. If you choose to self-build you might not have access to these designs. Lastly, even after building your own vacuum truck, you might run into issues that you won’t be able to rectify. You’ll have to turn to the professionals for this.
Vacuum Trucks in New Zealand
If you need a high power vacuum truck for your applications, visit Frontline Machinery. We have a diverse range of new and used vacuum trucks suited to different job applications. Our robust machines are flexible, efficient and hardworking. They get the work done quickly and they handle some of the toughest applications.
We offer exceptional after sales service and go great lengths to make sure our machines deliver outstanding performance.
To learn more about our range of power vacuum trucks, visit us online or give us a call on +64 21 944 077.